I hope this message finds everyone well and working hard getting started with your online learning! I wanted to pass along a few updates regarding the current COVID-19 situation as it relates to Greenville Athletics. Greenville City Schools continues to follow recommendations made by Governor DeWine, his staff, and the Ohio High School Athletic Association. With this ever-changing situation, adjustments will likely be made and we will pass those changes along as soon as we can.
- Workouts, Practices, Games, etc.
- All workouts, practices, games, open gyms, etc., are postponed until at least Monday, April 6, as directed by Governor DeWine and the OHSAA.
- Student athletes should not make plans to gather in small groups to workout. It is important that we follow the healthcare professionals’ advice and not gather in groups and should practice “social distancing,” not only for ourselves, but for our families and community.
- Athletic Facilities
- As mandated by the OHSAA, all Greenville City Schools athletic facilities and associated off-site athletic facilities are closed and should not be used under any circumstances.
- OHSAA Press Conference
- Jerry Snodgrass, OHSAA Executive Director, will be holding a press conference tomorrow, Thursday, March 19th, at noon. He will be providing updates regarding the postponed winter tournaments, spring sports season, and answering some frequently asked questions. We are hopeful that this press conference will provide some additional information as it relates to athletics. We will pass along this information as soon as it becomes available.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your coaches or me. We will do our best to answer any questions you have.
Ultimately, our goal is for everyone to stay safe and healthy during this time.
I look forward to seeing everyone soon!